Thursday 15 November 2012

You Changed My Life



I was given a gift the other day that left me sitting in stunned silence. This special friend slipped it into my hand as I made way to leave her and so I did not open it until I got home.
 
"YOU CHANGED MY LIFE"
stories of real people with remarkable hearts
By: MAX LUCADO
 
The very first page is this verse.....
a Gift for _________then my name.
From_______________then(her name)
 
You changed my life by:
and this is what she wrote....
By: Just Being Part Of It!
 
My eyes misted and I could not focus on the writing in front of me... then I flipped the page and a sound came from my throat and the tears flowed freely. I will write for you a few lines of the opening of this book.
 
This book is for someone special.You.
"Who, me?" you're asking yourself. Yes. You.
You made a difference in the life of the one who gave you this book. You shared words of wisdom, gave of yourself, mentored, led, walked alongside a hurting friend, took time to notice when others didn't. You did something for someone else. your words, actions, time..... whatever it was, you gave willingly, fully, selflessly. You changed a life.
And what you did mattered. Your actions mattered to the one who gave you this book. But more importantly, what you did mattered to the One who matters most. "God is fair; he will not forget the work you did and the love you showed for him by helping his people" ( Hebrews 6:10NCV)
May Gods Richest Blessings Be Yours.
 
 
It was the loveliest thing to have been acknowleged in that way..... and the book is full of inspirational and warming stories you must read...... If you have a special someone in your life whom you think is deserving of such a treasure please buy them this little book for Christmas.....
I encourage all my followers to read it...
..this year I will give this gift to someone who did the same for me........
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie, thank you for sharing. I will make sure I buy this book and give it to everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete