Thursday 1 November 2012

Fifty Shades Of Red.......











During the summer as I prepared for my move to condo-living. I was rather forced to give many of my reading books away. Family and friends flocked to receive my treasures as I am an avid reader. My fellow co-worker was the first to receive a copy of the 3 novel series of Fifty Shades Of Grey that I had purchased. Now I must admit I only read book one and became so busy with my move that Mr. Christian Grey was put on the back-burner.

 As the summer progressed to fall I saw her, my friend, submerged in a colour quite UN like grey, and if I had to make a comparison I would probably say it was closer to the shade of red.

Lunch time hide-outs in my office or in a quiet room she sat engrossed in the books. Now she is anything but a hopeless romantic and she is quite frankly a no-nonsense kind of girl and for this very reason did I stop to think about this Mr. Grey. He was in fact spinning the heads of almost all women. This fifty shades of grey was putting us women in the red! 

 Before long where ever there was a huddle of women or young girls at the centre of the conversation was “Fifty Shades of Grey”.

 What has women spell bound and wanting more? Surely it’s not the dominatrix mode that is demonstrated in this book. As I pondered more about it I will, as always give my own opinion and here it goes…..
It is not the whips and chains and submission to a domineering man that has women spell bound and captive.

 It is the pursuit. The Christian Grey at your door in the middle of the night, the Christian on your computer screen e-mailing you constantly. The Christian grey who appears in the nick of time to save you and won’t share you with another. Women and young girls want to be pursued! They are excited about the level of wanting and need versus carnal appetite.

 The next key word I will use is Possession, the enticement, the thrill, of feeling totally possessed and wanted by a man. The mere thought of your man flying into a rage because someone else glances your way… does wonders for a woman’s ego.
What-ever the reasons for our shade of red…. The definition of sexy…. is a man that’s totally into you and only you!

 Maybe just maybe the men of today have forgotten the chase. As for my co-worker, she’s quite done with Christian Grey, but she still carries that smile on her face that can only be described as smoking grey. Maybe we are all hopeless romantics just looking for the next good read.

5 comments:

  1. Franca nicely said, your friend or yourself should read "Bound to you" by Sylvia Day almost like 50 shades but I always go back to comapre the two books.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rosa, for your comments, I will pass that along.... as I'm sure my blog followers are eager for a new good book. thanks for following.

      Delete
    2. Frankly I found those books lacking in all aspects. There would be many other choices for women to lose themselves in if they seek to satisfy the dream of a man in pursuit...

      Delete
    3. Tiziana what books would you suggest?

      Delete
  2. Isn't it true....who doesn't want a man to take care of them....I think sometimes we are so caught up being independent doing everything for ourselves that we forget what it's like to have someone take the reigns....

    ReplyDelete